a family owned and operated company with over 30 Years experience conducting seniors coach tours
- We specialise in luxury seniors coach tours for mature age clientele.
- Our passengers enjoy the ultimate in luxury coach travel aboard our current model Coaches. Our ‘state of the art’ coaches are purpose built to our requirements and are rest room equipped.
- Our itineraries are relaxing yet interesting; we believe in “seeing places properly” not rushing through.
- We only travel for short periods at a time (1 to 2 hours).
- We have our own dedicated and experienced Tour Directors who are great company and keep you well informed with professional commentary.
- Each Domestic Tour has 2 Tour Directors (coach crew) to ensure our travellers are well looked after.
- We have won Australian Achiever Awards for Excellence in Customer Services in 2004, 2007, 2009, 2014 and 2019.
- We pride ourselves on offering “fully inclusive” tours with no additional costs.
- Free pickup and return is included for all suburbs of Melbourne, Bendigo, Torquay, Ballarat, Geelong, the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas, selected areas of Gippsland and Phillip Island.
The O’Shannessy family involvement in the travel industry dates back to 1967 when Laurie O’Shannessy began a school bus service in Central Victoria. In 1985 Laurie and his wife Margaret moved to the Mornington Peninsula, to expand their school bus services. They saw a demand for high quality Coach Touring and established O’Shannessy’s Tours. The personally conducted tours proved to be very popular and within a short time Laurie and Margaret were touring all over Australia. From a relatively young age Chris O’Shannessy learned the tours from his father and began working in the business driving the tour coaches.
When Laurie and Margaret retired from touring in 1997, Chris and (now wife) Bernadette continued to expand the business, offering more tour destinations and introducing some international tours.
Today O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours main office is situated at Rye on the Mornington Peninsula, where you are more than welcome to call in for a cuppa and meet our friendly team.