Magical Mudgee NSW - 5 Day
6th November - 10th November, 2019
An elegant destination with heritage streetscapes, mudgee is the perfect escape for wine tasting, delicious food and outdoor adventure. Mudgee is an attractive and sophisticated country town of fine old buildings, located in the broad, picturesque and fertile Cudgegong River Valley.
Price per person twin share $1,995
Repeat clientele twin share $1,970
Single supplement room $215
Deposit $200 per person upon booking
O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours will match single travellers who wish to twin share with another single traveller of the same gender.
However, if this is not possible, you shall be provided with single accommodation at the twin share fare (no additional cost).
All prices are from Melbourne. Please contact our office for a price from your capital city.
- Complimentary chauffeur driven transfers. Pick up from and return to your home from Greater Melbourne, Bendigo, Torquay, Ballarat, Geelong, the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas, selected areas of Gippsland and Phillip Island.
- Travel by O’Shannessy’s Luxury Touring Coach. Features of the coach include comfortable reclining seats with good leg room, arm rests and foot rests, seat belts, rest room, large panoramic windows with blinds, overhead parcel shelf, Road Cam TV Screens which display in real time the view ahead, a kneeling device and second door for ease of entry and disembarkation and full air suspension for a smooth and quiet ride.
- Quality ensuite motel accommodation.
- All tours and interest venues as per itinerary.
- All meals: Full cooked breakfasts, restaurant dinners, lunches and morning teas.
Vietnam Veterans Commemorative Walk, Benalla Street Art, Wagga Wagga, Cowra - POW Breakout SpectraVision, Mudgee - local guided tour, Mudgee Honey Haven, Olive Nest, Mudgee Brewing Company, Baker Williams Distillery, Arts & Crafts Mudgee, Mudgee Observatory, McFeeters Motor Museum, Gundagai and Hurlstone Homestead and Gardens.
2 Nights in Mudgee.
MELBOURNE TO WAGGA WAGGA
Today we depart on our tour to Mudgee. We travel via the Hume Highway to Seymour where we’ll take a little time to view the Vietnam Veterans Commemorative Walk. The centerpiece of this Walk is the wall, made up of panels of DigiGlass with the name of every Serviceman and Woman who served, in their various capacities in that conflict. Arriving into Benalla for lunch, we’ll drive around the city taking in some of the Street Art– artists from around the world were brought together to paint murals on bare walls, some over three stories high. We continue onto Wagga Wagga for our overnight accommodation.
OVERNIGHT: International Hotel, WAGGA WAGGA
WAGGA WAGGA TO MUDGEE
Leaving Wagga Wagga, we continue our journey north, travelling via Cootamundra and Young to Cowra where we’ll break for lunch. We’re also going to pop into the Visitors Information Centre to view the fascinating SpectraVision story on the Cowra POW Breakout. We’ll then continue north through Bathurst and Ilford to Mudgee, arriving in time to check into our hotel and unpack for the next 2 nights.
OVERNIGHT: Comfort Inn Aden Hotel, MUDGEE
We’ll meet a local expert this morning who will introduce us to Mudgee – the history of the town and the successful local enterprises popping up around the valley. (Fun fact: Mudgee reputedly derives its name from the Wiradjuri Aboriginal term 'Moothi' meaning 'nest in the hills'). After our tour we head to the Mudgee Honey Haven to experience some local honey and mead. Our next visit is to the Olive Nest, established by three Mudgee olive growers who have a similar philosophy of producing extra virgin olive oil of exceptional quality. We call in for a taste of some of the best extra virgin olive oils in the area and to see what other taste sensations await us. Lunch today is at the Mudgee Brewing Company a microbrewery and restaurant. We’ll enjoy lunch, a tasting of their unique beers and a talk on the process. This afternoon we head to the Baker Williams Distillery, where they make handcrafted spirits and liqueurs focusing on regional flavours and influences. Opened in September 2012, the distillery is part of the ever growing Australian Craft Distillery industry with an expanding range of flavoursome spirits and liqueurs. We are taken on a tour to see the distillation process followed by some time for a taste test. Our final visit for the day is our stop to take a look around Arts & Crafts Mudgee- a co-operative shop displaying a wide range of quality art and craft. We then head back to our accommodation for an early dinner, for this evening, we’re going stargazing! The privately owned Mudgee Observatory is situated in a location of extremely dark skies away from the town lights and the lights of Ulan mines. A conducted tour will show us the heavens as they were meant to be viewed. The theatre and flat screen planetarium runs several features on the night sky and the Sun as well as many programs on space missions. A fascinating visit!
OVERNIGHT: Comfort Inn Aden Hotel, MUDGEE
MUDGEE TO GUNDAGAI
We leave Mudgee this morning heading south through Parkes to Forbes. We’ll have lunch at McFeeters Motor Museum in the café then enjoy a wander through the displays of private vehicles ranging from 1905 to 1999. The collection showcases vintage, classic, veterans and custom made vehicles. From here we continue on to Gundagai for our overnight stay.
OVERNIGHT: Sovereign Inn, GUNDAGAI
GUNDAGAI TO MELBOURNE
Gundagai was a railway town and today it is still dominated by large railway bridges - four bridges spanning the Murrumbidgee flats: the historic Prince Alfred Bridge, the timber Railway Bridge, and now the dual Sheahan Bridges of the Hume Highway. We continue on via Holbrook and Albury, into Victoria stopping for lunch at the charming Hurlstone Homestead and Gardens in Shepparton. We’ll then continue on our journey arriving back into Melbourne late afternoon at the end of our wonderful Magical Mudgee tour!
- Any special passenger requirements must be notified to O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours upon booking.
- No passenger will be permitted to embark on or continue the tour while their physical or mental condition is, in the opinion of any representative of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers, or they become a hazard to themselves or other passengers. Whilst on tour with O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours should a passenger require medical attention, discharge papers must be provided to a representative of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours before you are able to re-join the tour.
- O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours will not be responsible for expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour for any such reason. No refunds or transfers will be given on any unused portions of the itinerary.
- It is a requirement of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours that each passenger is able to negotiate coach steps without the aid of the coach crew or other passengers.
- Any passenger who requires assistance for any of the above is required to travel with a companion capable of providing all necessary assistance.
- Passengers who are smokers, have a CPAP machine or snore, unless travelling with a companion, will be required to pay the single supplement premium for the sole use of a room.
- Items of a personal nature such as medical expenses, mini bar, beverages, laundry service, room service, internet usage, telephone calls, and any optional extras are not included in your tour price.
- All passengers are required to co-operate with the seat rotation program determined by O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours tour directors.
- O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours reserves the right to vary any accommodation, price or other features of the tour at any time at their own discretion.
Receipt of payment of funds will be taken as acceptance of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours conditions of travel for this tour. Prices include GST and all taxes.
Balance due on invoice approx 30 days prior to departure.
Deposit is fully refundable until 31 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation 30 to 15 days before tour departure date
75% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation 14 to 8 days before tour departure date
50% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation 7 to 1 days before tour departure date
10% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation on or after tour departure date, No Refund.
Travel Insurance is not compulsory, however is highly recommended and available from our office.
Contact us on 1800 354 352 to arrange a quote for you.